Wheeler, Kelly, Hagney Building
" Board of Trade "
120 S. Market
Built in 1919-20 and opened in January 1921, this Chicago
Commercial style seven story steel building has a hard red brick facing that includes such
details as carved limestone trim, two-story entrance arch, skylights and round
"porthole" style windows embellishing the upper building facade. The hand carved
Indiana limestone parapet crowns the perimeter of the building.
All windows above the second floor were hand blown American
glass. The seventh floor once housed the Board of Trade and included tall arched windows
and skylights that allowed natural light to illuminate the entire floor, enabling traders
to examine grain.