|Built in 1927,
this Phillips 66 Station was the first Phillips station
to be built in the United States. The brick Tudor Revival style building with
its front chimney, steeply pitched roof and gables was
used as a pattern for all the other Phillips stations to resemble homes instead
of stations constructed during the period.
The station opened on November 19, 1927 and
by 1935 there were 14 other Phillips stations operating