The McCormick Elementary School building is the only remaining school designed by architects Proudfoot and Bird for the Wichita Public School system. Constructed between 1889-90, the original four room building was designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style.
In 1910, an addition to the school doubled the size of the quarried limestone
structure. The school closed in 1992. Currently, the school building is being used by the
Wichita Public School system for museum and science programs.