Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
204 S. Main

Built between 1890 and 1892, the old City Hall was designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque architectural style by Proudfoot & Bird. The building features tall Norman towers and Roman arches in its heavy rough cut stonework. The carved stone detailing of the towers and entryway has earned the building the title, "Palace of the Plains." At the four corners of the structure are round towers with conical roofs, with a six-story square clock tower resting in the center.

The building served as Wichita's city hall for 84 years. Note the images carved in stone above the first floor, including the face of former mayor John B. Carey.