Carnegie Library
Omnisphere & Science Center
220 S. Main

The Carnegie Library was constructed in 1914 with the aid of a $75,000 gift from Andrew Carnegie. Designed by local architect A. A. Crowell in the Neoclassical style, the building opened as the City Public Library in May of 1915.

The walls are dressed Bedford limestone with corbelled stone cornice and stone ornamentation at the windows. The recessed arched entrance is emphasized by the keystone lion's head design and supported by two sets of columns with lonic capitals. The central entrancealso features a rounded truncated hip roof of green tile. The building served as the city library until 1967 when a new facility was constructed directly across Main Street.

 National Register Nomination: