Belmont Avenue Arches
Central and Douglas

Completed in 1925, the arch is one of two ornamental arches across Belmont Avenue, the other on Central. They were designed by architect Ellis Charles.

They were built at a cost of approximately $12,000 and paid for by the property owners on Belmont.

The pillars are of Carthage stone.

 Photo: DC & VC 6-06

National Register Nomination: